Thursday, June 7, 2012

Weekly Water Marble 6/7/12

Thursday's here and it's time for another water marble.  I usually use 3 or 4 different colors in my marbles, but I wanted this one to be simple, so I only used 2.. and I'm really pleased with the results.

A Zoya Water Marble:



For this marble, I started with a base of Zoya Shelby (pink).  After that dried, I marbled with Shelby and Zoya Mira.  Zoya's formula is thicker than OPI or China Glaze, so I had to create a few bulls-eyes before I became familiar with the formula.  Mira didn't spread as well as Shelby, but that worked to my advantage because I like the thin purple (Mira) wave-like pattern that was formed...  Yep, the freaking bubbles are still giving me problems..Urg. 

Dugan wanted me to take his picture.  He says "hi" to everyone ;)

9 comments:

  1. really cool, it looks great with two colours!
    I recently noticed that a lot of people are using Zoya for water marbling. Do you think it's the brand that works best for this technique or is it just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like zoyas for marbles, but OPI and China Glaze are my favorites. I think everyone is different, but I've noticed a lot of people use zoyas too. :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, the design you drew is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost looks like feathers! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing!
      The pattern would lend itself so well to lighter neutrals come fall and winter.

      Delete
  4. Cool design!! This is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! This looks so neat and perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love it. I love that you've just used two colours, it looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...