Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weekly Water Marble 3/15/12

Ahh... I'm really excited for this week's water marble.  Lately they've been less than spectacular.. but I'm really impressed with this one.  Seeing that St. Patrick's Day is this Saturday, I attempted a Shamrock Water Marble.. and here's how it turned out..

Shamrock Water Marble:



I think I like the final results with my marbles when I'm actually trying to create a certain pattern and not just a random design.  For this marble I started with a base coat of China Glaze White On White.  For the actual marble I used China Glaze White On White, China Glaze Holly-Day, China Glaze Gaga For Green, and OPI Bling Dynasty.  I really like my index and ring fingers the most.  I was trying to make the "clover" a different color on each finger (if you couldn't tell.. lol).  I like it.. it's festive for St. Patty's!!

***Don't forget to enter my 700 Follower Giveaway!!!***

18 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Fantastic!!! I like the thumb & ring finger the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great and perfect for St. Patricks Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! You do some amazing water marbles, I have never been able to get the hang of it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing mani for St. Patricks day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really clever, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cool! I always try to make patterns when I do water marbles but I think because my nails are so small, the pattern never transfers onto my nail...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thats really cool how you got it to look like a clover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... After I built my "bullseye", I dragged the toothpick from the edge to the center 4 four different times to make the "four leaves." I dipped the toothpick in the middle to get rid of excess polish before I dipped my finger in the design :)

      Delete
  8. this is so fabulous! i had a similar idea when someone i follow on facebook posted a water marble with st. patrick's day colors, but i'm sure if i tried it it wouldn't turn out as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so good at water marbling!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. look at you getting all fancy and clever! lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome...this is so cool. How did you make the shamrocks..? the design though..in the water..any tuts you used to do so?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesome! Maybe one day I'll try to marble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! They do look like shamrocks! Beautifully executed :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

** Please refrain from posting links to your blog in the comments. If you have a blog you'd like me to check out, please email me privately at davis.jodi05@gmail.com Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...